Oralce 10g2/RAC on AIX. ASM or GPFS?

From: Karma <jgalecki_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: 29 Mar 2006 16:20:34 -0800

My workplace is having a debate on what to use for a file system/disk management perspective for RAC. I would like to know what others have built their RAC clusters on, are more people using ASM or GPFS. I'm not a DBA, but do support Unix and lean towards using ASM. I've read several white papers and documents on the whole subject and ASM just seems to have many benefits to the DBA. I really would like to get other's opinions. GPFS is not really needed, but was suggested. This cluster would be running on AIX 5.3/Oracle 10g2/Rac on EMC SAN. We would start with 2 data base instances and then grow to maybe 10. Received on Wed Mar 29 2006 - 18:20:34 CST