Re: Create database link from inside a stored procedure

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 20:02:42 GMT

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 18:13:40 +0000, HansF wrote:

4) By providing 'automated' DDL, decisions that are being made may have an impact on future administration.

This is an interesting extension to the 'developers roaming free in the production environment' discussion.

With the concerns about security and auditability, with things like the Sarbanes-Oxley laws and their counterparts in other countries, how is a DBA to be made accountable for stuff over which they have no control?

Gives me visions of

"Yes, you Honour, I was told to run that program. The vendor told me it
dynamically generated a link and there was no way to determine the link it created was to an outside site."

"Yet, you are responsible for the insider trading breach. For your crime,
your sentance will be ..."

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com