Re: Change LISTENER port - effect on 10g OEM Database Control

From: <RogBaker_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Mar 2006 11:23:38 -0800

RogBaker_at_gmail.com wrote:
> I am setting up a new database that will soon be in use. (Oracle
> 10.2.0.2.0, Windows 2003).
> I read some security articles that recommend changing the default
> LISTENER port to something besides 1521. I decided this sounds like a
> good idea, so I changed it to the LISTENER.ORA and TNSNAMES.ORA files.
> I discovered that to get the OEM Database Control would not work
> anymore, until I ran the emca command line, something like: emca
> -config dbcontrol db -PORT XXXX
>
> I see that this updated the emoms.properties file with the correct port
> and now OEM Database Control comes up, but not all the features are
> availible. I try some things and I am prompted for a database login,
> but this fails because it shows the connect string and is still trying
> to do some things via the old default port, 1521.
>
> Is it worth all this trouble to try to move to a new port? If so, any
> ideas on fixing this? Thanks!

Weird, it's working now. I was getting ready to open up a case so I decided to open the database control on my computer rather than the server, so when support called I would be able to poke around with them. It worked on my laptop, I go back to the server, and it's working. Received on Tue Mar 28 2006 - 13:23:38 CST