Change LISTENER port - effect on 10g OEM Database Control

From: <RogBaker_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Mar 2006 08:52:52 -0800

I am setting up a new database that will soon be in use. (Oracle 10.2.0.2.0, Windows 2003).
I read some security articles that recommend changing the default LISTENER port to something besides 1521. I decided this sounds like a good idea, so I changed it to the LISTENER.ORA and TNSNAMES.ORA files. I discovered that to get the OEM Database Control would not work anymore, until I ran the emca command line, something like: emca -config dbcontrol db -PORT XXXX

I see that this updated the emoms.properties file with the correct port and now OEM Database Control comes up, but not all the features are availible. I try some things and I am prompted for a database login, but this fails because it shows the connect string and is still trying to do some things via the old default port, 1521.

Is it worth all this trouble to try to move to a new port? If so, any ideas on fixing this? Thanks! Received on Tue Mar 28 2006 - 10:52:52 CST