Re: make: Fatal error in reader: Badly formed macro assignment

From: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov-nsp_at_charter.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 21:41:32 -0800

"Seeker" <paul.p.francis_at_gmail.com> writes:

> Based on other posts, this error is not related to C but related more
> to my lack of understanding. When I look for line 26 in my make file,
> it does not correlate to a MACRO assignment.

Would you care to identify which line is line 26? With the wrapping that google did for you, it's hard to tell.

> Should I count blank or
> comment-out lines in this measure?

Yes.

> #!/bin/ksh

What a weird mixture. Since this is a Makefile, what is '#!/bin/ksh' doing in here?

Looks like someone converted a shell script into a Makefile, or someone who knows only how to write shell scripts touched it.

> # This makefile builds the Parser program
> export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle_9.2.0/precomp/lib

My guess is that line above is line 26.
It is using "ksh" syntax, not Makefile syntax. Remove the 'export', it doesn't belong here.

Cheers,

Remove /-nsp/ for email.