Re: Database Restore

From: <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Mar 2006 12:07:40 -0800

> Is there any way to obtain this "data unloader" tool?

Unfortunately, no.
Oracle Support uses it to unload the data into a readable form. I've never had to use their services in this manner, but I've heard that it starts at 10K USD.

There are other reported such tools out there that may provide similar functionality - but you'd be on your own as far as how well they might work.

Was the database running in archivelog mode? Are all of the archived redo logs accessible since the time of the export?
It may be possible (although a huge task) to use the Logminer tool to mine the archived redo logs to obtain changes - but as you would be importing the dump file into a new database, the object_ids would all change - making things somewhat more complex.

Have you contacted the original vendor regarding what type of support they had from Oracle - as they may be able to open support requests on your behalf.

-bdbafh Received on Wed Mar 22 2006 - 14:07:40 CST