Re: Adding Second Database in oracle 10g

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Mar 2006 04:27:22 -0800

Eric de Redelijkheid wrote:
> Anno Domini 18-3-2006 9:27, Raka sprak aldus:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I am trying to add second database in oracle 10g on windows 2003 server
> > but when ever i am trying to issue Create Database MYDBName .... it
> > gives an error. database name do not match orcl.
> >
> > Please help me to create database using create database statement not
> > using DBCA
> >
> > Rajesh
> >

> I don't know about 10g, but in 9iR2 you have to use the oradim command
> to add another instance.

It's same in 10gR1 and 10gR2. (oradim -new .... ) only creates a Windows service (so that database can run in the backgrund without someone logged in) for the new database and has been the same since atleast version 7... other then the fact that some switches have been added/changed along the years.

Other then this step on Windows OS, you still have to issue the same command in sqlplus or server manager in pre 9i releases,

startup nomount
create database ....

as you do on *nix platforms.

Regards
/Rauf Received on Sat Mar 18 2006 - 06:27:22 CST