Re: high availability

From: maxim2k <maxim2k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 19:18:47 +0100

On 3/17/06 6:57 PM, Anurag Varma wrote:
> Go to: tahiti.oracle.com and there in 10gR2 books/manuals you will
> find the HA manual.
> http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14210/toc.htm
>
> Also, go to www.oracle.com and search for "HA" or "High Availability"

Thanks for the quick response, I'm going to check the docs ...

If someone can make a quick comparison of the various HA options with the pros/cons and the standard/enterprise edition differences for that, I'd still appreciate it a lot.

In my original post I forgot to mention that I'd like an HA solution that will allow my Oracle Database to be up also when performing scheduled mainteinance on one of the two servers (e.g. applying new Linux kernel and rebooting the server). What HA solutions allows that?

Thanks. Received on Fri Mar 17 2006 - 12:18:47 CST