Re: 10g License Issue - Development Vs Production License - Enterprise Edition

From: JEDIDIAH <jedi_at_nomad.mishnet>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 13:36:56 -0600

On 2006-03-15, hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> rospai_at_yahoo.com wrote:
>> I think that using the same thread is a good thing. Let the thread go
>> on the way it is going now.
>>
>> I guess its better to have all related comments in the same thread
>> rather than having it split into many more. (Its just a suggestion)
>>
>> BTW I am still a confused man. The more I read, the more dizzy I get.
>
> Ok then what are you confused about?
>
> The bottom line from my point of view is that the "development license"

        That's the problem right there.

        Your point of view is not authoritative. The whole issue is up to interpretation, thus open for discussion.

        This thread purity idea of yours just seems strange to me.

> is put out there to encourage people to look at and "poke with a stick"
> the oracle software.
>
> Once you start doing "or even seriously thinking" about any type of
> serious development effort, you need to get licensed software. Doing
> anything else is not professional behavior.

        This has nothing to do with what is "professional". It's a legal issue and can be easily put to rest by clear statements from the owners of the software in question. I suspect that they realize that they gain some benefit from ambiguity in this area.

--
      If you are going to judge Linux based on how easy
it is to get onto a Macintosh. Let's try installing          |||

                http://www.usenet.com