Re: transaction lock (TX) on table block with PK

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 15:00:24 -0500

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 19:44:50 +0100, "Matthias Hoys" <anti_at_spam.com> wrote:

>"NetComrade" <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net> wrote in message
>> In what case is this possible?
>> the update statements I saw were something like;
>>
>> update my_table set other_column=other_column+1 where id=:my_id;
>> other_column is not being referenced..
>> I cannot really reproduce it via sqlplus, but as soon as I have 2
>> sessions issuing the statement above on 2 different PK's, I see
>> enqueue waits on other sessions creeping up... They're all waiting for
>> the same block. The block is probably some table header block.
>>

>Do you have un-indexed foreign key columns pointing to this PK ?

ncaa_bracket_at_NCAA> select constraint_name, constraint_type, table_name from user_constraints where r_constraint_name='DIV_PK';

no rows selected

no other user references it either.

btw, pk exists
ncaa_bracket_at_NCAA> select constraint_name, constraint_type, table_name from user_constraints where table_name='DIV';

CONSTRAINT_NAME                C TABLE_NAME
DIV_PK                         P DIV

And I think that's only needed when updating PK. .......
We run Oracle 9.2.0.6 on RH4 AMD
remove NSPAM to email Received on Wed Mar 15 2006 - 14:00:24 CST