Choose a partition key LIKELY TO BE UPDATED

From: Spendius <spendius_at_muchomail.com>
Date: 15 Mar 2006 03:00:10 -0800

Hi,
An analyst-programmer came to me and said they had chosen to create a partitioned table on a DATE field that is supposed to be updated (on a more or less regular basis, and not for all records contained in that table) in such a way that it would have to displace the rows related to this update: I have but ONE question: frankly, is this a good idea ??

Thanks.
Spendius Received on Wed Mar 15 2006 - 05:00:10 CST