Re: BIN$ junk

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 11:59:04 -0800

J Huntley Palmer wrote:
> I am starting to see a lot of junk tables and triggers that start with
> something like BIN$bldskfjd ... How can I get rid of them quickly
> enmasse with the least amount of repetitive drop statements. I have the
> web based enterprise manager.
>
> Thanks

You missed an essential part of the New Features in Oracle 10g.

Go to Morgan's Library at www.psoug.org and try the following demos: Recycle Bin
Table Flashback

It is easy to query a dropped table that is in the recyclebin and you need to understand how Oracle handles the space taken in tablespaces by dropped objects. Information you can get from http://tahiti.oracle.com.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org