Re: 10g License Issue - Development Vs Production License - Enterprise Edition

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 14 Mar 2006 08:29:24 -0800

Pai, the development license is just to allow people to experiment and get familiar with the technology.

If you are working at "developing" what will become a production application AND/OR you have multiple people working on the development ... you have limited time at best when you can continue to use the downloaded software without purchasing it.

At work here, we have licensed software for our development and production environment. As far as I am concerned, the development license only applies to "limited playing around" such as what might occur on a laptop or say testing oracle on linux.

Does this help any?

But as far as the feature's all the software you can download is fully operational "enterprise edition". Received on Tue Mar 14 2006 - 10:29:24 CST