Re: Oracle and small tables

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 03:18:32 GMT

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 02:10:26 +0000, Mladen Gogala wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 15:11:11 -0800, blarut wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>> I have heard that Oracle is great server for databases which contain
>> large tables but worse when thera are smaller tables. I would like to
>> know if it is true.
>> Thanks for any reply!

> Size doesn't matter, didn't they tell you?

Ah, but apparently it can.

I was discussing this with a fellow DBA the other day - she was telling me that small [tables] may not be as good [for information quantity] but, especially in the [keep] pool, they can do their job real quick.

Which is useful when there is a certain urgency to completion. Especially in public [code and lookup tables].

I guess it depends on how you look at it ...

--
Hans Forbrich