Re: Oracle-RMAN-Backup on NFS-Linux-Server

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 07:19:05 +0100

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 12:04:37 -0800, DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote:

>sybrandb_at_yahoo.com wrote:
>> Oracle never fully supported NFS, not for datafiles and not for
>> backups.
>> Time to find your Visa or Mastercard and buy extra local storage or get
>> a tape drive.
>
>Oracle fully supports NFS 3 and above and uses it internally.

I'm not too sure about that. I'm now in a situation where I have to duplicate a database to a NFS mounted fs using rman. The restore just hangs forever and the datafiles never come off in full.
Metaclunk, as pretty much usual, is of no help in resolving this problem.
So does Oracle support nfs? I don't think so.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA