Re: Might be simple, but cant do it!: Connect to Oracle with NT account

From: Gerry Sinkiewicz <sinkiege_at_snet.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 01:23:52 GMT

<ancalvo0407_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1142026332.531242.300000_at_i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> I have an Oracle database and they have given me a windows domain
> account to access the DB. With SQL Server, I need a DTS to use that NT
> credentials and connect to the Oracle DB. Have used OLE DB for both
> Microsoft and Oracle and putting the credentials there, but it wont
> work, I get Login/password denied. I know that if I connect Login in
> with those credentials given to me, it will connect, but I need it to
> connect with the credentials without being logged in.
>
> I already created the alias to connect to oracle, changed the
> information in the sqlnet.ora with
> sqlnet.authentication_services=(none, NTS) and tested that the Oracle
> user has the external configuration enabled, but still, Login/password
> denied. I know that account works since previously through code and
> impersonation they have made it to work.
>
> I know that you need a trusted connection and a way for Oracle to know
> that the credentials have been verified, since Oracle does not do that
> with a user who has external configurations in Oracle, but dont know
> how to do it.
>
> It might be simple, but just cant make it to work, dont know if I am
> missing something or not.

I believe you need to turn remote authentication on and make the user ID identified externally.

Then get ready to be hacked. Spoofing an ID is easy with certain older software.
I think to be safe you will need advanced security option installed (retina scans etc.). Received on Fri Mar 10 2006 - 19:23:52 CST