Might be simple, but cant do it!: Connect to Oracle with NT account

From: <ancalvo0407_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10 Mar 2006 13:32:12 -0800

I have an Oracle database and they have given me a windows domain account to access the DB. With SQL Server, I need a DTS to use that NT credentials and connect to the Oracle DB. Have used OLE DB for both Microsoft and Oracle and putting the credentials there, but it wont work, I get Login/password denied. I know that if I connect Login in with those credentials given to me, it will connect, but I need it to connect with the credentials without being logged in.

I already created the alias to connect to oracle, changed the information in the sqlnet.ora with
sqlnet.authentication_services=(none, NTS) and tested that the Oracle user has the external configuration enabled, but still, Login/password denied. I know that account works since previously through code and impersonation they have made it to work.

I know that you need a trusted connection and a way for Oracle to know that the credentials have been verified, since Oracle does not do that with a user who has external configurations in Oracle, but dont know how to do it.

It might be simple, but just cant make it to work, dont know if I am missing something or not. Received on Fri Mar 10 2006 - 15:32:12 CST