Re: oracle 7.3 and windows 2000 server SP4

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:11:09 GMT

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 05:29:36 -0800, frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com wrote:

> I feel problems araising in the "may only be executed on one processor
> in any server" versus "XE will monitor and enforce those restrictions
> by itself."
> Just curious: how will XE prevent itself from floating over
> (multi-core) processors?

It's not our problem.

Oracle's documentation states that it *will use at most one processor*, not that we need to worry about it.

Directly from their installation document

"If Oracle Database XE Server is installed on a computer with more than one CPU (including dual-core CPUs), then it will consume, at most, processing resources equivalent to one CPU."

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com