Choose or Rule with Data Dictionary

From: sveselin <Stojan.Veselinovski_at_toll.com.au>
Date: 6 Mar 2006 19:47:08 -0800

Hello Folks,

I have noticed a difference in the optimizer choices between 10g and 9.2 for :

select * from all_tab_columns - choose in 9.2.0.6 select * from all_tab_columns - hint in 10.2.0.1.0

Any reason as to why they are different.

I'm having an issue with a view that joins to all_tab_columns. I have specified the all_rows hint to fix the preformance problem but I'm curious as to why they are different. Received on Mon Mar 06 2006 - 21:47:08 CST