Re: JDBC Driver extremely slow??

From: Joe Weinstein <joeNOSPAM_at_bea.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 08:19:38 -0800

unlimited.newshosting.com wrote:

> Hi,
> I try to run a query on Oracle Enterprise v10.2.0.1.0 when I execute it on
> iSQL+ it returns the results in milisecs. However when I execute the same
> query using the JDBC driver Oracle tries too hard to process it (150 secs).
> Query advisor warns me about the execution speed and I obviously see the cpu
> usage increases.
> Does anyone has an idea?
>
> Thanks..
> V. Oguz TOKMAK

Are you sending the same SQL? *Exactly* the same SQL? Or are you sending the JDBC as a prepared statement with parameters? Try a plain statement first with the SQL you send via SQL-PLUS and say if it's slower. If you were doing a parameterized PreparedStatement, show us that JDBC, and tell us the declared data types being referred to in the DBMS. The issue may be that there is an implicit data conversion, which unless it's done during the compilation of the SQL (such as with SQL-PLUS or a plain Statement) it will prevent the DBMS from using the best indexes. HTH,
Joe Weinstein at BEA Systems Received on Mon Mar 06 2006 - 10:19:38 CST