Re: Why use Java Stored Procedures....

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 02:34:50 GMT

On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 01:54:21 +0000, Bob Jones wrote:

> "HansF" <News.Hans_at_telus.net> wrote in message

>>> PostgreSQL and Cloudscape, if I may add.
>>
>> Please verify PostgreSQL - the docco I have seen, including version 8,
>> does NOT support that statement. I'd appreciate a link to some
>> verification.
>>

> Go to PostgreSQL web site, click on About tab. Look under "Highly
> Customizable" session.

Thanks for that info.

Not a whole lot to go on - almost looks like marketing ... I guess I'll have to dig. So far, it almost appears that the API may be there to support generic stored procedures, but the capability for Java may not have been set up yet.

It certainly will be interesting to see the differences in how SPs will be used in the various environments. I smell opportunity <g>

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com