Re: 900 distinct values, yet density yields 0.5??

From: <hansdegit_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Mar 2006 06:17:31 -0800

Just checked my SR on Metalink: I'm hitting a bug.

Almost every query on the PS_JRNL_LN table is done using a value of PROCESS_INSTANCE with is beyond the 'known' range by the optimizer (most queries are run on the most recent batch number).

What would be the best strategy for gathering statistics (or perhaps tweaking them) to best inform the optimizer?

TIA,
Hans Received on Sat Mar 04 2006 - 08:17:31 CST