New user / DBA

From: jay <kavanaughtj_at_nnsy.navy.mil>
Date: 23 Feb 2005 10:47:20 -0800

I'm a brand new oracle user and I suppose a DBA. I have installed Personal Oracle on a lap top in support of using Artemis Project View. The lap top is running XP Pro

I have my hard drive partitioned. I normally keep my software and data on separate drives. I tried to install Oracle on the data drive because I was told the database had to be where the data was.

When I did the install I chose the 'install software only' option.

I have a lot of files on my data drive and a folder on my C: (software drive) program folder for Oracle.

I would like to nest (segregate)the Oracle files on my data drive a little deeper...into another folder. Can I just create a folder and move the files or do I have to reinstall oracle into the new location?

Should I have installed the standard database instead of just the software?

Can anyone recommend a good book on being an Oracle DBA for a "DUMMY"?

Can anyone recommend a good training program that is reasonable?

Any help will be appreciated. Thank You Received on Wed Feb 23 2005 - 12:47:20 CST