Password Verification Function Help

From: <kingkongbubdy4_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Feb 2005 08:17:14 -0800

Hi,

I am relatively new to Oracle 9i and trying to (at this point) create a password verification function for the DEFAULT profile that will allow me to produce some output to the screen (if possible) when I change a user password. I have....

CREATE or REPLACE FUNCTION verify_function (username varchar2, password varchar2, old_password varchar2) RETURN boolean is
BEGIN
  dbms_output.put_line('Hello World');
  return(TRUE);
END;
/

The commands (as sys sysdba)
SQL> alter profile default limit password_verify_function verify_function;
SQL>set serveroutput on;
SQL> alter user test_user identified by new_password;

report no errors, but I do not get 'Hello World' to show up on the screen. I can create other functions on the server and they will produce output to the screen ('Hello World' e.g. ) as

SQL>exec dbms_output.put_line( my_other_function(arg_list));

Is it possible to get output to the screen through the PASSWORD_VERIFY_FUNCTION when a password is changed? If so, can anyone point me in the right direction? If not, can the the equivalent 'Hello World' output be saved to a file instead of the screen?

Thanks,
kingkong Received on Sun Feb 13 2005 - 10:17:14 CST