Re: Standby database problem - ARC0: Error closing standby archivelog file at host 'myhost.name.com' Code '210'

From: Andreas Sheriff <spamcontrol_at_iion.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 11:13:43 -0800

Thank you.
That bit of insight helped tremendously.

I queried v$archive_dest on the production and it gave me the ora-0210 error for the standby dest.
I checked the permissions and ownership of the standby control file. It had the right permissions, but the wrong ownership and group information.

I changed the ownership and group to oracle:dba and the managed recovery mode now works.
Incidentally, as for the requirements for the same O/S version, I still have the production on Solaris 2.6 and standby on Solaris 8, so I guess that requirement was more like a guide rather than a hard coded rule. :-D

In future reference, I guess when I see an error of the format Code xxxx, I should interpret it as error ora-xxxx.

Thanks for all your help!

--
WARNING:
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL