Re: Standby database problem - ARC0: Error closing standby archivelog file at host 'myhost.name.com' Code '210'

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 Feb 2005 12:26:29 -0800

Andreas Sheriff wrote:
> I checked the permissions and ownership of the standby control file.
> It had the right permissions, but the wrong ownership and group
information.
> the production on Solaris 2.6 and standby on Solaris 8, so I guess
that
> requirement was more like a guide rather than a hard coded rule. :-D
>
> In future reference, I guess when I see an error of the format Code
xxxx, I
> should interpret it as error ora-xxxx.

If you ever find out why the ownership got changed, please post back. Thanks.

OS version difference just adds one more factor to your troubleshooting process. Once we cloned a big database from Solaris 2.6 to Solaris 8 without any problems.

If you see "Code xxxx" and interpreting it as ORA-xxxx doesn't work, try other facilities such as TNS-xxxx. Sometimes that error number is an OS error code. You can find the description of it by looking at platform-specific errno.h file on UNIX, or by "net helpmsg xxxx" on Windows. A generic way is to run the Perl one-liner: perl -e '$^E=123; print $^E' (change ' to " on Windows).

Yong Huang
yong321ATyahoo.com Received on Wed Feb 09 2005 - 14:26:29 CST