Re: DB2 Crushes Oracle RAC on TPC-C benchmark

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 16:26:26 -0800

JEDIDIAH wrote:

>>Then consider any one of the following:
>>1. Get a better outsourcing company
>>2. Don't use an outsourcing company

> 	That's a red herring. The outsourcing company is not likely extracting
> it's pricing number from it's rectum.

No ... likely they are maximizing their profits just like anyone else dealing with customers afraid to go it alone.

Tell you what ... Contact me off-line and I'll get it for you at 50% of that price. How many nodes do you want? If I don't hear from you within 48 hours I will presume the herring is on your dinner plate ... not mine.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington