Re: DB2 Crushes Oracle RAC on TPC-C benchmark

From: JEDIDIAH <jedi_at_nomad.mishnet>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 14:26:14 GMT

On 2005-01-30, DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:
> Mark A wrote:
>
>>> I was not talking about the cost of Oracle

>>>In other words you were trying to change the subject. No one has ever
>>>tried to do that before.
>>>--
>>>Daniel A. Morgan
>>

>> The TPC benchmarks between DB2 and Oracle use vastly different hardware
>> architectures.
>
> Which, in English, translates into the fact that they are not apples
> to apples comparisons and thus worthless to end users who have made
> it past their early 20s and are no longer impressed by speed.

        You're right, it is an apples to oranges comparison and the Oracle solution ends up being the rotten apple. Your feeble attempts at distraction don't alter the fact that the Oracle solution is inherently more complex.

--
     If you think that an 80G disk can hold HUNDRENDS of           |||
hours of DV video then you obviously haven't used iMovie either.  / | \