Re: SCN tied to the time stamp while doing recovery

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 1 Feb 2005 05:20:35 -0800

Joel Garry wrote:
> fitzjarrell_at_cox.net wrote:
> > bdb..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> > > David,
> > >
> > > I recommend that you revisit the "Terms of Use" section of
> Metalink.
> > > I don't think that you are permitted to publish Metalink Notes
here
> > on
> > > c.d.o.s. in whole.
> > >
> > > -bdbafh
> > >
> > > here is an excerpt from the terms of use that seems relevant:
> > >
> > > 1. Use of Web Site Information
> > > ... you may not otherwise use, download, upload, copy, print,
> > display,
> > > perform, reproduce, publish, license, post, transmit or
distribute
> > any
> > > information from this Web site in whole or in part without the
> > express
> > > authorization of Oracle.
> >
> > Thank you for your concern, however I do not have Metalink access,
> and,
> > thus, am not in violation of a licence agreement I haven't
accepted.
> > This note, in its entirety, was found here:
> >
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/oracle-l@fatcity.com/msg27464.html
> >
> > I suggest you direct your admonishments toward the person posting
on
> > oracle-L.
>
> There are also copyright issues involved, which do not have anything
> do with what you have agreed to. Or even if you don't know you are
> doing something wrong.
>
> But that would be up to Oracle Corp. to deal with. And if they
don't,
> they can lose copyright.
>
> So in general, give attribution and don't propagate anything you
don't
> know the provenance of. Small bits are fair use, nothing wrong with
> posting links (well, some companies are trying to confront people
that
> knowingly post links to illegal material).
>
> jg
> --
> @home.com is bogus.
> 'Creating this constraint should give ORA-02436. Rewrite it before
> 2000 AD.' - from O9 db creation script.

I shall say it here as well; I will admit to fault with posting verbatim text from the following link, instead of posting the link itself:

http://www.mail-archive.com/oracle-l@fatcity.com/msg27464.html

I do think it unfair to accuse me of pinching from Metalink when I have no access to the site; my current employer is using a third-party to host and provide patch support to the database servers, and, thus, has no service contract with Oracle directly, meaning I have no CSI number with which to obtain Metalink access. Believe me or not, it is the truth.

I apologise for my indiscretion with regard to posting text, obviously originally from Metalink, which I found elseehere posted in violation of the Metalink agreement. My goal was to assist the OP, nothing more. David Fitzjarrell Received on Tue Feb 01 2005 - 07:20:35 CST