Re: SCN tied to the time stamp while doing recovery

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 1 Feb 2005 05:13:28 -0800

hpuxrac wrote:
> This doesn't smell right Mr. Fitzjarrel. Maybe you are an oracle dba
> and maybe you aren't. Maybe you have had Metalink access and have
> agreed to oracle terms and maybe you haven't. Maybe you are creative
> with the truth and maybe you aren't.
>
> The motivation for most of the people contributing to this newsgroup
is
> to help people with questions. The motivation of the others I cannot
> fathom.

I have posted the link where I obtained the information, and it is NOT from Metalink. Possibly you missed that in my subsequent post. The information was posted to assist the OP, and nothing more. Possibly I should have simply posted that link, and not propagated the text therein. For that I will admit fault. I will not admit fault for violating a Metalink agreement when I have no access to Metalink.

I'm certain you think my 'motivation' is purely selfish, which could not be further from the truth, else you wouldn't have trusted your nose with this. I'm also fairly certain you despise me for whatever reason. That's perfectly fine by me, however do NOT let such feelings cloud the truth here, and the truth is exactly how I posted it in the follow-up.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Tue Feb 01 2005 - 07:13:28 CST