Re: sql developer vs sqlplus sql and plsql syntax

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 16:23:19 -0500

Every day less agile. After my 55th birthday, I started having increasing problems with my lower back.  My left ankle, which I broke in 2005 is getting arthritic. At the same time, I have more than a few pounds more than when I was in my 30's.  I wouldn't describe myself as "agile". You and Mark may be agile but I am not. I would describe myself as "solid".

On the serious side, I've seen too much bad code produced by agile methodology to trust it. It's more of a ritual: we have scum meetings, lead by the scrumbag, we are shuffling cards and tracking the progress until the next sprint. I started expecting to be audited for the presence of the Thetans as a part of the agile cult. First of all, "stake holders" preforming QA is ludicrous because stake holders are business people and not IT professionals. Second, agile methodology may be somewhat suited for quickly changing programs that need new features quickly, but is ill suited for infrastructure projects with clear and unchanging goals. Unfortunately, environments that "go agile" usually go agile all the way. Every project is managed using agile methodology. I've seen my fair share of disasters resulting from converting to agile religion.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant