Re: How to parse OBJ_PRIVILEGE column of DBA_AUDIT_TRAIL in 19?

From: Rich J <rich242j_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2020 07:49:50 -0500

Hey Jeff,

If that's the case, then how do the 239 rows of that table translate to the 32 bytes of OBJ_PRIVILEGE column of the DBA_AUDIT_TRAIL view? The name values of the audit actions would seem to indicate a statement rather than the "Object privileges granted or revoked by a GRANT or REVOKE statement" as the documentation says.

Also, the documentation at
https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/oracle-database/19/refrn/DBA_AUDIT_TRAIL.html says that OBJ_PRIVILEGE is a VARCHAR2(16), but the dictionaries created on my 19.6 databases disagree.

Thanks,
Rich