Re: TNS alias synonym entry

From: Uwe Küchler <uwe_at_kuechler.org>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 15:26:22 +0200

Not wanting to start guesswork either, but in my personal experience with LDAP or OID I'm not aware of a server-specific alias feature.

What is definitely *not* possible: To have a TNS entry that simply points to another one (as the OP suggested).

I suggest to use LDAP for the resolution of all globally used targets and a local tnsnames.ora for the specific definition. Which leaves you with the hassle of deploying and maintaining a local file.

kr,
Uwe