RE: (EXT) Re: RMAN MAXPIECESIZE doesn't appear to be working

From: Steve Wales (AddOns) <"Steve>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 19:06:33 +0000

Thanks for the response:

Andrea:
First suggestion doesn’t work, same result. Second suggested is syntactically incorrect

Harel:
Tried your suggestion too, same thing – nothing changed.

I’m going to open an SR with Oracle Support at this stage I think and ask them.

If I find a solution, I’ll be sure to follow up here.

Steve

From: Andrea Monti <ilsuonogiallo_at_gmail.com> Sent: Friday, May 15, 2020 4:06 AM
To: Steve Wales (AddOns) <steve.wales_at_addonsinc.com> Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: (EXT) Re: RMAN MAXPIECESIZE doesn't appear to be working

Hi Steve,
you may try with one of these to put the maxpiece clause either before the allocate command or inside the backup command:

CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP ON;
CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP FORMAT FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK TO '/backups/db1/ctl-%F'; CONFIGURE CHANNEL DEVICE TYPE DISK MAXPIECESIZE 4608M; run
{
allocate channel c1 device type disk;
backup as compressed backupset incremental level=0 database tag db1_FULL format '/backups/db1/%d_%T_%s_%p_FULL'; release channel c1;
}

Disclaimer

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived.