sql disappears from v$sql as soon as it finishes running?

From: <"">
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 17:48:15 +0000

I'm trying to run xbi on a sql id coming from a batch job. They've added the gather statistics hint so I should be able to see estimated vs. actual rows.

However the query runs for about 5 hours (showing in v$sql the whole time) but as soon as it completes it vanishes from v$sql and therefore xbi returns no data.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to prevent this from happening? Google has been no help for the last 20 minutes of searching.

Oracle 12.1.0.2
There is no minimum shared_pool parameter set, sga_target is 64G

Thank you!

Jay Miller
Sr. Oracle DBA