Re: Standby First upgrades

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 13:28:21 -0400

But why would I open a standby? He was asking about upgrading it, not opening it. When an 11G standby is upgraded to 18c, you end up with Oracle 118c mounting an 11G database. You can not open it. I believe that the goal of the exercise is to have standby immediately available after the upgrade of the primary.