Re: OSS monitoring tool

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 07:33:14 -0700

I learned of amon while interviewing someone from oracle support.

He said that nearly all the support folks at his location used it.

There is no installation required; just copy the binary and run it.

it is quite good

On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 03:03 Thorsten Bruhns <dmarc-noreply_at_freelists.org> wrote:

> Hello Mladen,
> take a look at amon:
> https://sites.google.com/site/freetoolamon/home
>
> I use this tools since Oracle 10 was released and it got updates for
> 18c. It is like top for Oracle with toons of details for different
> perspectives.
> The most important key is 'h' for help. Press 2*hh for a better sorted
> help list.
> Nearly every key has a special meaning.
>
> Andrej Simon is still working at Oracle and interested in ideas to extend
> amon.
>

> Kind Regards
> horsten Bruhns
>
> Am Mi., 8. Mai 2019 um 18:43 Uhr schrieb Mladen Gogala
> <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>:
> >
> > Does anyone have a recommendation for an OSS monitoring tool which would
> > ideally have to do things similar to oratop plus allow me to see details
> > of the session? TOra is getting old and the functionality is not as good
> > as SQL*Developer.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > --
> > Mladen Gogala
> > Database Consultant
> > Tel: (347) 321-1217
> >
> > --

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Principal Consultant at Pythian
Pythian Blog http://www.pythian.com/blog/author/still/ Github: https://github.com/jkstill