Re: Deadlock and ORA-0600 ocurred yesterday

From: Andy Sayer <andysayer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 00:47:35 +0000

What was the exact error message you saw and what was the piece of code you ran that raised it?

I’m a little suspicious, there’s a fairly decent chance in my opinion that you misread ORA-0060 deadlock detected.. as an ORA-0600 internal error. If you received an ORA-0600 then the only place to go is Oracle Support, only they can help you. If you received an ORA-0060 then the deadlock graph that was dumped at the same time will have all the information you should need to know. If you don’t have access to the alert.log then speak to your friendly DBA.

That query will not be any relevance at all. The view is just some statistics about numbers of certain operations since the last time statistics were gathered on a table at the moment some information was last flushed from memory. It tells you nothing about locks or deadlocks.

Hope that helps,
Andrew