Re: move AWR warehouse from Soalris Sparc to Linux x86_64

From: Kellyn Pot'Vin-Gorman <dbakevlar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 18:53:06 +0000

What you need to use are the awrextr.sql and awrimp.sql scripts in the Oracle home /rdbms/admin directory to move the data across. You'll have to do this after building a new warehouse, post setting it up and then disable the jobs while you update the Metadata that supports the jobs, retention, etc.
One the data is imported and Metadata matching, then you can turn the jobs back on.

A move simply want built into the design, so it's not easy.

Thanks
Kellyn

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 1:35 PM Ls Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have an AWR Warehouse setup in Solaris Sparc storing 50 production
> databases AWRmetrics retaining for a year. I need to move this database to
> Linux and here is the dilemma, everything in AWR Warehouse is under SYS and
> stored in SYSAUX, AFAIK SYS and SYSAUX are not exprtable neither with Data
> Pump nor TTS, so I wonder what is the best way to move this database from
> Solaris Sparc Big Endian to Linux x86_64 Small Endian?
>
> Running 11.2.0.4
>
> TIA!
>

> --

[image: Kellyn Pot'Vin on about.me]