Upgrading GI From 12.1 to 12.2

From: MacGregor, Ian A. <ian_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 23:56:10 +0000

I’m trying to upgrade the GI infrastructure configured for a single instance database I get the error

PROTL-4: Failed to retrieve data from the local registry

which doesn’t surprise me because the root.sh script writes a 0 length file as the registry. It also modifies /etc/oracle/olr.loc

So the suggestion to change that file to point to the old registry is moot.

I’ve haven’t worked with GI other than to patch it for quite a few years. I’m hoping this is a common problem, but Google and MOS have turned up little

Ian MacGregor
SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
ian_at_slac.stanford.edu<mailto:ian_at_slac.stanford.edu>