Re: DG for nologging

From: Franck Pachot <franck_at_pachot.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 17:23:34 +0000

Hi,
18c automates the recovery, but that's only for Exadata and Oracle Cloud In >=12.2 you can do the same with one command: https://blog.dbi-services.com/12cr2-recover-nonlogged-blocks-after-nologging-in-data-guard/ In 12.1 you can do also one command, but that's a full recovery of the tablespace: https://blog.dbi-services.com/12c-nologging-and-data-guard/ Note that SAN replication will not be more efficient than force_logging as it will have to ship more data, and have all I/O must be in sync. Regards,
Franck.