Re: DBA Job Functions

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2018 22:32:07 -0500

Well, DBA evolved into a general computing SME. DBA has to know basics of an operating system, networking, security, storage and backup strategies. He or she is also frequently tasked with planning DR tests and/or DR strategies, which means that the DBA has to know a lot about backup, too. Tuning applications and SQL statements is self implied, too. Basically, a good DBA must be a stable genius (this is a US specific joke, I apologize bigly to those who will stare blankly at that phrase.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant