RAC install on Linux

From: Orlando L <oralrnr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 22:33:46 -0600

List

We are planning to install Oracle RAC 12.1 on Linux 7.

  1. I am looking for a step by step instruction guide if any one has it. Or point me to a good link. I am more interested in the OS settings, os patches, potential trips, etc,

It should be straight forward till I saw today in the official Grid infrastructure install guide that you should disable Transparent Huge pages in Linux and that it is enabled by default. I started wondering what else I could have missed buried in there.

2) Another thing helpful would be any tool that we could use to simulate the current production load in the new env. I considered RAT, but that is out of qn because of the $

Thanks
Orlando.