Re: Enterprise Manager warns of blocking on LGWR

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2017 11:07:56 -0600

Check DBA_HIST_ACTIVE_SESS_HISTORY where the time period when the alert was issued where BLOCKING_SESSION_ID is not null - of course, you'll need the SID for the LGWR during that time period to see how many sessions (if any) LGWR was blocking when the alert was issued.

If LGWR SID was blocking you can look at DBA_HIST_ACTIVE_SESS_HISTORY for that SID and see what it was waiting on and causing the sessions to be blocked.

(Of course assuming you have license for Diagnostics or Tuning pack)

Chris