Re: ACFS On RAC for Application Files

From: Ls Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 09:15:42 +0100

Hi

I have used 11.2.0.4 ACFS in AIX for several years (since 2013) and it has some memory management problems. We have GoldenGate running in a 2 nodes RAC and GoldenGate use ACFS to store the software, trails etc. Time to time (prob once a month) the GoldenGate active nodes need to get rebootted because the server swaps heavily. We have a SR open with support for over 18 months and there is no improvements at all.

You cannot use DBFS in AIX since it has no fuse client, at least in 11.2.0.4.

I am not sure about 12.1.

Thanks