Re: [Oracle] making sense of sar

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 10:14:48 -0700

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 2:07 PM, Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_westnet.com.au> wrote:

> And of course, there HAD to be some Perl in there as well! 😉

But of course.

I could not do my job nearly as well without Perl.

Had I learned Python first,I would say that about Python.

However Python was a latecomer to the scene.

The language was there, but it took a long time for 3rd party modules to make Python as usable as Perl, at least for me.

And as mentioned in the blog, Perl comes pre-installed with every Oracle installation, along with the DBI and DBD::Oracle modules used to directly access the database.

Jared