Re: Developers wanting individual Unit Test (no data) databases - suggestions?

From: Gerald Venzl <gerald.venzl_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 11:17:34 -0700

Yes, they can run it locally and if you have a CI/CD toolchain (Jenkins, etc) it too can spin those up those databases automatically in the background on the servers. Just saying that as unit tests are usually executed during multiple stages: The developer while development, the version control on accepting the commit, the integration tests and automatic builds, etc. running after code has been committed, etc.

If you/the developer like they can snap from a Unit test master but frankly with Docker you just build a master image and give it to all developers and they just spin up a container of that image. No need to snap as long as you don’t have any more complex snapshot requirements as said before.

Thx,

Gerald Venzl | Senior Principal Product Manager Email: gerald.venzl_at_oracle.com <mailto:gerald.venzl_at_oracle.com> | Phone: +1.650.633.0085 <tel:+16506330085> Oracle ST & Database Development
400 Oracle Parkway | Redwood Shores | 94065 | USA