Re: Needs help in configuring single node active data guard in ASM for 2 node RAC

From: Sandip Mukhopadhyay <sandip.mukhopadhyay24_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 07:15:29 +0530

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply,can anyone provide me sample tnsnames.ora files for 2 nodes RAC and standby mode, db_name is rac and db_unique name is standby in case of standby ,since all the 3 nodes(2 nodes RAC and 1 node standby) are in 11.2.0.3 asm ,all the listeners are running from grid home , do I need to create a seperate listener for cloning running from node 1 in rac(instance names- rac1,rac2), I have seen in the past tthat in tnsnames.ora if we are giving scan name it results in failure.What will be my log_archive_dest_2 value and fal_server exact value in standby mode assuming that my primary net service name for rac instances is rac and services name for standby is standby itself.

These seems to be very basic queries but if anyone can reply it, it will be great.

Thanking you.

Best Regards,
Sandy