Re: LOL: 122 one column indexes on 122 column table

From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 12:59:30 -0700

Laimis,

I've seen worse. It was a 3rd-party app. 256 column table had over 2,500 indexes. After monitoring for a month, we discovered that only a dozen of the indexes were ever used. Vendor wouldn't allow us to remove the unused indexes. Considering we had heavy inserts/updates on that table, performance was less than desirable.

Sandy

--
Sandy B.