Re: crsctl check resource on Rac

From: Jure Bratina <jure.bratina_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 17:27:23 +0100

Others on the list will probably know better the reason for this, but for now maybe these two references:
  1. Expert Oracle RAC 12c: To manage a database, it is advisable to use the srvctl command. While it is possible to manage databases as Clusterware objects using crsctl commands, you should try to use the srvctl command whenever possible. The srvctl command provides an additional layer of security and avoids unnecessary activity in the Clusterware owner account.
  2. MOS Doc ID 1053147.1: Srvctl and crsctl are used to manage clusterware resources. The general rule is to use srvctl for whatever resource management you can. Crsctl should only be used for things that you cannot do with srvctl (like start the cluster).

Regards,
Jure Bratina